Please click here to view Shane Oliver's thoughts on the increasing threat from coronavirus, what you should watch for and what action investors should take.
Key points raised are
- The rout in financial markets has continued, on the back of coronavirus, made worse by a flow on to oil markets
- The risk of a deeper hit to economic activity has risen. Key things to watch are the daily number of new cases, measures of economic stress and policy stimulus.
- Key things for investors to bear in mind remain that
- share markets falls are normal
- selling shares after a fall locks in a loss
- share pullbacks provide opportunities
- avoid getting thrown off a long term strategy
- it's best to turn down the noise during times like this.