Sharemarkets have fallen of recent. Please click the link below to view Shane Oliver's thoughts on what is driving this fall in markets.
Key points raised are:
- The current pullback is shares has been triggered by a range of things, but most notably worries about rising US interest rates and the US/China conflict.
- Share may still have more downside
- Key things for investors to bear in mind are that :
- corrections are normal
- in the absence of recession a deep bear market is unlikely
- selling shares after a fall locks in a loss
- share pullbacks provide opportunities for investors to more cheaply
- while shares may have fallen, dividends haven't
- to avoid getting thrown off a long-term investment strategy it's best to turn down the noise during times like this